Comment on page
4. Upload the Dataset
This section provides instructions on how to upload a dataset. You can refer to the page on detailed steps for uploading data to the portal for deeper guidance.
All reviewers must have accounts on data.ca.gov to review the private dataset
Help us build guidance on geospatial data publishing
- Ensure the License is set to Other (Public Domain). This must be entered by the user at this time.
- Click the button at the bottom labeled Next: Add Data
Reminder: select Other (Public Domain) for your data license
The portal gives you an option for license. At this time, we cannot default the license in the system, so enter this as Other (Public Domain).
- Upload your data resource on the second screen in an open file format (CSV format for data tables), enter in your title and description
- Upload any additional supporting resources like your data dictionary and other relevant documents
- Click the button labeled Finish
- Add data field labels and definitions to each data file
- Review your private dataset page and check for errors and omissions, make edits as needed